• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

bottled water

asecin

Bluelighter
i read most of it is crap and full of chemicals and its hard to find one brand thats actually good for u.
can someone fucking help here. i mean im not asking which tastes the best, but which one (even if bad taste) is actually not contaminated ! :X

I'd not actually heard that before. :s

To be honest, I'd be fairly dubious that bottled water would actually pose a health risk, unless some sort of unintentional contamination occurred.

asecin, companies that produce bottled water have huge Quality Control departments and they runs many tests on the final product that are verified by various government bodies. Do you really think they'd be able to get away with selling product that was as contaminated as you're insinuating??

Bottled water contains some trace elements like sodium, potassium and magnesium, but that doesn't classify as "contaminated". Water from the tap contains much more than that including microorganisms.

You really shouldn't believe everything you read. Doing your own research and coming to your own conclusions is much more satisfying that just regurgitating something you read in a magazine.

y is that when i post threads you guys never agree with me but attack me constantly and accusing me of being a moron ?

i read about it ok. i read in health journals and few books that most bottled water is like tap water in most cases worse or just the same.
so whats so fucking difficult about helping me out choosing the best one ??

is there really that much litarature regarding bottle water? :O

most bottled water is like tap water

there's your answer.

most bottled water IS tap water . . it's simply been further filtered for taste. and it's my impression that tap water is actually pretty good for you (and that buying tap water that's been filtered and bottled is a waste of everyone's resources).

could you be more specific regarding these "contaminants" you're talking about, and maybe provide a little evidence while you're at it?

my biggest concern with bottled water is residue from the plastic bottle leeching into the water. This is especially true if the bottle is kept in a hot car etc. If I have a bottle of water that has been sitting in the car for a while, it def tastes like plastic imo.

Then there are the environmental arguments against it.

I have seen bottles of water sitting out in the sun all day before sale (same with 2L pop at the gas station). If you think hot plastic doesn't leech chemicals into the liquid inside, you're wrong.

Nothing wrong with the tap water or filtered tap water. Buy a Brita, you'll save loads of money and the water will taste better than any bottled stuff!

what about the water that says on it spring water ? doesnt it come from mountains ? my question is which water comes from the mountains for sure.

Is 'Evian' good for you? Or is drinking mineral water just plain 'Naive'?

u can always get a good filter for tap water and the water u'll get will be great tasting and clean and u won't constantly contaminate the environment with plastic bottles. As u can see I'm not a fan of bottled water in general. In some cases it's alright, but most of the time people can do away with it.

Bottled water is for suckers. Or for emergencies when tap water is undrinkable or unavailable.

N. American, European and Aussie tap water is perfectly fine to drink. If you're really paranoid about it get a Britta type filter and you're set.

Dasani water, to name one example, is just filtered tap water packaged in a plastic bottle and marketed to the gullible. By the Coca-Cola company, no less.

I have a family member who works for Melbourne Water, and tap water, at least here, is more stringently tested and regulated than bottled water. Filters that you use at home can cause more harm than good unless you change the filter regularly.

my biggest concern with bottled water is residue from the plastic bottle leeching into the water. This is especially true if the bottle is kept in a hot car etc. If I have a bottle of water that has been sitting in the car for a while, it def tastes like plastic imo.

Then there are the environmental arguments against it.

Yep, me too. I am just creeped out by this. I have an aversion towards plastic bottles stacked by store windows too. Sometimes the taste is decidedly gross, and you never know if it was left sitting under the sun during transport/stored beside some engine or whatever.

To reduce the uncertainty that comes from examining all the conflicting scientific studies funded by different institutions, I like to stick to good ol' glass bottles. I can put hot tea in mine, leave it under the sun, sterilize it with hot water. Simple, takes a bit more effort, but way better than tasting plastic all the time.

IMG_6489.jpg

If you know how plastic is produced and don't even want to think about whether levels of chemicals in materials resource, then stick to glass.

dtergent no shit but nobody sells glass bottles of water anywhere around chicago. maybe in somewhere but definately not close by